JCS of Hawaii is a small 501(c)(3) which supports the statewide Hawaii Jewish community to feel safe, healthy, and connected. The full-time Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to help with fund raising, data collection, communications, and customer service. We are an inclusive workplace and ground our service in the pillars of Jewish values.
Why It’s Great to Work with Us (on Oʻahu):
- You can work remotely much of the time and have a somewhat flexible schedule.
- We are a progressive and dynamic group with values steeped in justice, dignity, and community.
- We are in a rapid growth phase and open to new ways to provide high quality care that respect the dignity of every person and community we reach.
- Support the leadership team in scheduling meetings, respond to correspondence, call donors to update information or answer questions, check the mail.
- Work with our donor management system to prepare reports and enter donations.
- Record minutes at Board meetings and send out materials in advance.
- Update Constant Contact, Board Orientation and Employee manuals. Help on-board new staff and board members.
- Help edit newsletter and other public facing materials.
- Support the fundraising chair and Exectutive Director in fund raising appeals, place orders with the printer and help with errands, check the mail at our PO Box on Wilder.
- Other duties as assigned as we are nimble and always responding to the changing needs in the community.
- Have administrative experience with Word, Excel, shared drives, and other technology.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills and are attentive to detail.
- Are skilled at organizing a shared drive and other databases.
- Have experience with CMRs with capability to build ours out further.
- Have some knowledge/experience with Jewish culture and humor.
- Always maintain confidentiality and have excellent customer service skills.
- Are adaptable during our growth – and ready to help with creative solutions.
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Work well with a team and are open to and welcoming of feedback.
- Like us, are respectful and inclusive of diversity in all its forms.
Salary range (depending on experience): $50,000+ with benefits depending on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and if you are interested, please send resumes to email@example.com.