JCS of Hawaii is a small 501(c)(3) which supports the statewide Hawaii Jewish community to feel safe, healthy, and connected. The Community Care Manager (CMC) will have two functions: to provide classic case management by helping connect those in need with resources, and to help local Jewish communities thrive. We are an inclusive workplace and ground our service in the pillars of Jewish values.
We are hiring 5 CMCs to serve the following 5 locations, and hours may change as more needs are identified.
Oahu – Full time Kauai – 8 hours a week to start
Maui – Full Time East Hawaii – 8 hours a week to start
West Hawaii – 8 hours a week to start
Why It’s Great to Work Here:
- We are a progressive and dynamic group with values steeped in justice, dignity, and community.
- We are in a rapid growth phase and open to new ways to provide high quality care that respects the dignity of every person and community we reach. AND you can work remotely much of the time.
- Assist people in crisis by identifying needs, obstacles, priorities, and resources on an urgent basis – and assuring that connections are made to those resources.
- Work collaboratively with the client, JCS team, and social service partners to create an intervention plan that is lead, and paced by, the client.
- Document progress, enter accurate data in health records, and provide reports to assure that needs are being met.
- Work with local communities and synagogues to support their efforts in creating a thriving Jewish community open to all. This may include helping with logistics of activities at events.
- Have relevant social service/case management experience in Hawaii’s local social services.
- Have experience with Jewish culture and a sense of humor.
- Are great in crisis and are calm when others aren’t.
- Have written and verbal skills and are detail oriented. Are able professional to write letters to advocate for clients.
- Work well with a team, are inclusive of all diversity, and are open and welcoming of feedback.
- Are detail oriented with completing forms, and skilled at finding and relating information.
- Are able to see clients all over the island (or if Hawaii Island – half of the island) and have a valid driver's license. Must live on the island you are working with.
Salary range (depending on experience):
Full time –$ 55 – 62, 000 a year with benefits; Part time positions - $35 as independent contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and if you are interested, please send resumes to email@example.com.